It happened so fast, I stopped in my tracks and screamed! I noticed something big and dark blitzing right toward me!
Hang on. I’m getting ahead of myself.
2016 has seen more than its fair share of tragedy and death but 2016 was personally AMAZING! Those of you who know me know that if I had an unlimited source of money and no responsibilities, I’d pack a very tiny bag and perpetually travel the world! Well, this year had some bucket list items for sure! Here’s a recap:
- Hike around Machu Picchu in Peru
- Narrowly miss the devastating earthquakes in Ecuador
- Hike, kayak, and snorkel with some of the most playful and curious creatures in the Galapagos
- Chill in perfect weather in Atlantic City, New Jersey
- Tour with friends in Rehoboth, Delaware
- Hike Stratton Mountain in search of clues in Vermont
- Incredible Northern Lights chance sighting and relaxing in a thermal pool at Blue Lagoon in Iceland
- Live like locals in Paris
- Learn how to shoot guns instead of photos for the very first time and try out everything from handguns, to AKs, to ARs, to sniper rifles with a well-trained local in Vegas
There’s so many wonderful memories, let alone travel memories, but the one moment that takes the cake for me is snorkeling with the sea lions in the Galapagos.
As it turns out, sea lions in the Galapagos love to play chicken, so they dart at you, then at the very last second, turn their bodies to avoid collision. You can’t help but laugh as they spin around and do this again and again!
They nibble and investigate bright colors! Your fins, cameras, and even bathing suits if you’re not wearing a neutral color are fair game, so be very careful with swimwear selections!
One of our friends, Cathy, borrowed her brother’s GoPro and managed to get this video which shows just how playful and inquisitive they are! Here’s the video:
What I loved most about this year was all the great people I get to share these memories with. Who do you want to remember this year and all the years to come? Schedule a portrait session in the new year!
Angela Ferguson is a professional photographer in the Baltimore-Annapolis, specializing in headshot photography. She runs her own photography studio, Angela Ferguson Photography.