I'm honored everytime I get a phone call or email from someone wanting newborn photos in the Baltimore and Annapolis area. Whether they want to come into the studio or to be photographed in the comfort of their own home, more often than not, the first contact is made after the baby has been born. While I'm glad to share in their excitement, there's a bit of planning that must take place in order to set up a session. By booking your session while you're pregnant, you'll receive the following benefits:
6 Reasons to Book Your Newborn Session Early,
Newborn photo, Baltimore, MD. (Copyright Angela Ferguson Photography)
1. Those dreamy newborn baby photos are taken within the first 10 days of birth. Babies naturally uncurl to varying degrees shortly after birth, so the sooner your newborn session can take place, the better! Plus, you get first dibs as to when you want your session(s) to take place.
2. After the delivery, parents are able to take advantage of the hospital nursery in the evenings, allowing you to get more restful sleep than you would otherwise. This beauty rest shows up in the family photos taken at newborn sessions.
3. You have the option to take "baby bump" (read: maternity) photos. This is yet another very special time in your lives, marking the last intimate moments before your child arrives in this world. Women who worry about feeling overweight in their photos can book sooner to aleviate this. There are also many slimming posing tricks to help with this as well. Baby bump photos are very reasonably priced and it's better to have even just one professional image of this than it is to have regrets down the road.
4. Baby acne can start as early as day 10! By reserving a block of time, your baby can be photographed earlier.
5. You can gather sentimental hierloom items to use during the session.
6. You can arrange for extended family members to take part in the session. What grandparent doesn't want to be there for this incredible time in your lives?! As always, here at Angela Ferguson Photography, extended family members are not only encouraged to participate, they are welcome free of charge.
If, however, your baby has already been born, don't fret. Capturing the love you share will shine through in a natural lifestyle newborn photo session. More about that to come!